Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For the two you who regularly peruse this board, an Important Update:

    The bolt for my patio table has arrived! The table has been repaired, the dog poop has been swept off the patio, and the backyard is now conducive to leisure-time activity.

    And KUDOS to WOODARD furniture, who sent not just one long bolt, but the ENTIRE BOLT SET, complete with tool! That's FOUR long bolts, TWELVE short bolts, and 16 black caps to quickly fall off. A 50 cent value sent to me ABSOLUTELY FREE!

    I'm thinking I'll start off my backyard oasis with something easy, like pizza and beer, because I ain't much of a cook. If all goes well, maybe I'll graduate to burgers, and then the steak I promised Aurora Leigh.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great! When can I come over?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess the rea; question is, what did you do with the poop from your patio?

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by LAKE:
    Great! When can I come over?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You'll have to talk to gae and AL. It's all based on THEIR schedule.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cincygreg:
    I guess the rea; question is, what did you do with the poop from your patio?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I swept it into the grass. Since I water it frequently, with the rain it should make for good fertilizer.

    Fresh turds have replaced the ones I swept off. It never ends.

    <font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ May 20, 2005 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Captain Whizbang ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    So your patio is more like a Poopio [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    Maybe you should pave your lawn and plant grass where you patio is so they dont poop on it.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by cincygreg:
    So your patio is more like a Poopio [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    Maybe you should pave your lawn and plant grass where you patio is so they dont poop on it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then they would poop on the concrete steps. They don't like the feel of wet grass, apparently.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I made another dent in the wreck that is my house. I ended up spending more time outside working in the yard than I wanted, but I had to get gae's mums planted before they died. Mission accomplished.

    While it's a week later than planned, I'm thinking I'll have the first floor cleaned and ready to go for regular guiness sippings on the veranda after next weekend.

    Finally got the weed wacker off the kitchen counter. Took a big pile of, um, undersized close to The Salvation Army. The collector admired one of the suits I handed him and told me "he'd look good in it on church on Sunday." That was a real ego booster for me. [img]eek.gif[/img] As I was leaving, I saw the guy rummaging through the bags. I guess free clothes is one of his job's perks.

    And true to form, simple tasks end up taking much longer. Ok...I'm not domesticated, and simple cleaning tidbits maybe aren't my forte. After trying to repeatedly (and unsuccessfully) clean the mildew that seems to love the caulking in my shower, a few treatments of Clorox cleaner got rid of it. So time to re-caulk.

    So I retrieve the caulking from the Home Depot bag of purchases I made a few days ago, load the gun, and commence caulking...

    Except no caulking is coming out. So I puncture the cartridge again...and nothing.

    I remove the cartridge, take a look at it, and it says, "Best if used by 6/04."

    I'm trying to figure out why Home Depot - a store that does huge volume - would have out of date stock on such a basic item.

    It seems like such a small thing, but I had to go retrieve the receipt, and now I gotta take another trip to the store.

    I know, I know, if all of life's problems were so trivial. But dammit, first the huge bolt problem...NOW THIS!

    <font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ May 23, 2005 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Captain Whizbang ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for making all of our lives feel less mundane! LOL!

    [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cincygreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2001
    Posts
    7,366
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    Well let's see. I worked, played and watched the Preakness (won a few bucks on it too) Went out to dinner saturday night. Saw the New Star Wars movie on Thursday *(but that really doesnt count as the weekend) Went to the movies last night (mindhunters), watched the Cubs game after I got off work yesterday. Much of my work hours are on the weekend right now. Had a few [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] S
    Had a gorgonzolla crusted cowboy steak for dinner on saturday night. Cooked rare (perfect) it was awesome. Went to the new Izzy's that just opened over here in the Anderson area today for lunch (actually got it to go and ate it in the park)
    AND I HAVE THE NEXT TWO DAYS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •